If you watch the news, surf the internet or are active on social media you know that rarely a day goes by without some type of crisis occurring. Whether it be a natural disaster, domestic terrorism or just a plain old accident. How would you get in touch with your loved ones if one of these dangers strike? Are you prepared?
Here are some tips to keep the lines of communication open during a crisis:
- Have important numbers handy – you may want to keep an address book with important names and numbers for your family, friends, insurance carrier and utility companies. This list should be kept in your cell phone as well.
- Keep your phone charged and have a back-up portable charger.Have a family communication plan in place. Below is a link to fema.gov that includes an outline for creating a family communication plan as well as more ideas on ways to be prepared.
During a disaster you may not have access to many basic necessities. The best time to prepare for an event like this is before it happens.
Here are some important things that you can do now to be prepared:
- Be weather aware as you hear on our local Kansas City News.
- Watch and listen to your phone, TV or radio for weather alerts, emergency instructions or evacuation orders.
- Build and maintain an emergency preparedness kit. Below is a link to ready.gov with tips on how to build an emergency preparedness kit.
While we cannot prevent a disaster from occurring, we can provide tools to be prepared, coverage to protect what is most important to you and peace of mind when it comes to meeting your insurance needs. Call us today with any questions on how we can help you prepare for the unexpected.